Policy Details of System & Procedures of Sports Complex & Activities
I. Sports Complex
1.The indoor stadium shall be kept open from 6.00am to 8.00am and from 4.00 pm to 6.30pm every day.
2. Players must sign in the attendance register.
3. The players shall participate or practice in proper sportswear.
4. Basketball, Volleyball, Table Tennis and Badminton games are conducted.
5. They shall avoid using slippers inside the stadium.
6. They must keep the stadium clean.
7. Safety measures will be maintained by the department.
8. First Aid materials will be available at any time.
1. Practice will be conducted in all the above games in the morning and evening (6.00 – 8.30 am & 4.00 – 6.00 pm).
2. Students are provided ample opportunities with adequate facilities to participate in the tournaments and to practice for college teams.
3. Football, Hockey, Volleyball, Basketball, Kabaddi, Kho Kho, Handball and Track & Fields courts are well maintained.
4. The selection of teams will be conducted for all the above games.
5. Selective zonal and MKU tournaments are organized as decided in the respective general body meetings.
6. We provide facilities to the nearby schools to practice games in our play grounds and also helps them to conduct the tournaments and competitions.
Multipurpose GymThe facilities at AAC gym are to be utilized only by AAC students
1.The students should strictly follow the time schedule.
2. They must sign in the attendance register.
3. They should wear proper uniform and shoe.
4. They should not use slippers inside the gym.
5. They should handle the equipments of the gym safely.
6. They should maintain silence inside the gym.
7. They should maintain discipline and order during their practice.
8. First Aid materials will be available at any time
9. They must keep the gym clean.
10. Outsiders are not allowed.
For students of other departments
Morning - 6.00 a.m. - 7.30 a.m.
Evening - 4.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Women Students: 9.00 am – 11.00 am / 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm
Physical Education Students:
Morning - 6.00 a.m. - 7.30 a.m.
Evening - 5.30 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Yoga and Meditation Centre
1. Yoga center will be kept open from 6.00am to 7.30 am and 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm
2. the students will be provided with yoga mats.
3. They shall wear loose – cotton clothes for yoga classes.
4. They should practice yoga on empty stomach
5. Yoga exercises shall be practiced slowly on counts.
6. They should maintain silence in the hall.
7. They should abide by the instructions of the yoga teacher.
8. Yoga competitions, tests and measurements shall be conducted at the end of the year.
1. The Competitors shall participate in department-wise in all the sports events.
2. They should participate in proper uniform (Sports Wear).
3. A Competitor shall take part in any of the three events excluding relay from the given events.
4. Only two competitors shall participate from a particular department so as to enable other departments to get a place in an event.
5. All the departments shall participate in the march past which is also one of the competitions that involves rolling trophy and prizes up to the third place
6. The winners of I, II & III places shall be honored by and medals and credentials.
7. The participants or teams who/that violate the norms and discipline will be disqualified.
Rural Sports Meet
1. The rural sports meet is open to all the metric and Govt. schools of Madurai district.
2. The eligibility form of the athletes and players of these schools is submitted on or before competitions.
3. Only two competitors are permitted from each school and as the one reserves for a particular event.
4. A student can participate only in any three events.
5. All athletes should be in proper uniform
6. The athletes who are not present at the stipulated time will be disqualified from the events.
7. The decision of jury of appeal will be final on all matters concerning the game and athletic events.
8. All communications and entries should be sent to the HOD, Department of Physical Education.
9. All participants will be provided with a working lunch.
10. All communications and entries should be sent to the HOD, Department of Physical Education.
11. They have to maintain discipline and order within the campus.
Jogging & Walking – Outsiders
1. The outsiders shall have their jogging and walking between 5.15am to 7.15 am only.
2. They should show the entry pass while entering the college gate.
3. They should not come in lungis inside the campus.
4. They can participate in games and walking only in the allotted areas. (Fr.Prince ground & badminton Court)
5. They should not enter boys’ hostel, offices, class rooms and also fathers residency.
6. They should keep the ground clean and shall not bring plastic items.
7. They should not cause damage to the properties of the college.
8. They should not cause an damage to the trees and plants on campus
9. They abide by the instructions of the gate keeper.
10. If any controversial opining, they shall approach the Director of Physical Education
11. They should not disturb the students who are studing in the college by all means.
12. A permit ID card must be renewed once a year with the permission of the Rev.Fr.Secretary.
13. The management will not be responsible for their personal belongings and the problems, if any occurs or arises.
14. If they don’t abide by the instructions of the college, they will be confined by the actions taken by the management.
Privileges for Sports Students
1. Students’ privileges likes DA & TA of Rs 150 per head and actual travelling allowances (to & fro) respectively will be met out by the college.
2. Uniforms shall be provided at free of cost.
3. O.D. shall be arranged during practices and competitions.
4. Re exams or doubling of the marks for the internal exams will be arranged accordingly.
5. Management scholarships shall be provided for the best players.
6. Admissions in to college with half – fee / full fee concessions will be provided according to their performance at state/ National level tournaments.
7. Free day – mid meals for days scholar players will be provided during team practice sessions.
8. Nutrition (milk, egg & grams) shall be supplied during the team practices.
1. They will be recruited as sports coaches based on of their performance.
2. Consolidated remuneration or honourium will be given.
3. They have to train the teams from 6.00 to 8.00 am and from 4.00 to 6.00 pm.
4. They shall come in necessary uniform.
5. Boarding and lodging will be provided at free of cost
6. They should maintain decorum on the campus.
7. They should maintain attendance registers players’ participation.
8. They shall submit periodical reports of the performance of the teams / players.
Dr. Vanitha J