Policy Details of System & Procedures of Sports Complex & Activities
I. Sports Complex
1. The indoor stadium shall be kept open from 6.00am to 8.00am and from 4.00 pm to 6.30pm.
2. Players must sign in the attendance register.
3. The players shall participate or practice in proper sportswear.
4. Basketball, Volleyball, Table Tennis and Badminton games are conducted.
5. They shall avoid using slippers inside the stadium.
6. They must keep clean the stadium
7. Safety measures will be maintained by the department.
8. First Aid materials will be available at any time.
1. Practice will be conducted in all the above games in the morning and evening (6.00 – 8.30 am & 4.00 – 6.00 pm)
2. Students are provided ample opportunities with adequate facilities to participate in the tournaments and to practice for college teams.
3. Football, Hockey, Volleyball, Basketball, Kabaddi, Kho Kho, Handball and Track & Fields courts are well maintained.
4. Teams’ selections will be conducted on all the above games.
5. Selective zonal and MKU tournaments are organized as decided in the respective general body meetings.
6. We provide facilities for the nearby schools to practice in our play grounds and to conduct the tournaments and competitions.
Multipurpose GymThe facilities at AAC gym are to be utilized only by AAC students
1. Students should strictly follow the time schedule.
2. The students must sign in the attendance register
3. They should wear proper uniform and shoe.
4. They should not use slippers inside the gym.
5. They should handle the materials safely.
6. They should maintain silence inside the gym
7. They should maintain discipline and order.
8. First Aid materials will be available at any time
9. They must keep clean the gym
10. Outsiders are not allowed.
Students from other departments
Morning - 6.00 a.m. - 7.30 a.m.
Evening - 4.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Women Students: 9.00 am – 11.00 am / 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm
Physical Education Students:
Morning - 6.00 a.m. - 7.30 a.m.
Evening - 5.30 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Yoga and Meditation Centre
1. Yoga center will be kept open from 6.00am to 7.30 am and 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm
2. Students will be provided with yoga mats.
3. They shall wear loose – cotton dress
4. They should practice yoga on empty stomach
5. Yoga exercise shall be practiced slowly on counts.
6. They should maintain silence in the hall
7. They should abide by the instructions of the yoga teacher.
8. Yoga competitions, tests and measurements shall be conducted at year end.
1. The Competitors shall participate in department wise in all the sports events
2. They should participate in proper uniform (Sports Wear)
3. A Competitor shall take part in any of the three events excluding relay from the given events.
4. Only two competitors shall participate from a particular department so as to enable other departments to get a place in an event.
5. All the departments shall participate in the march past which is also one of the competitions that involves rolling trophy and prizes up to the third place
6. I, II & III place – winners shall be honored by & medals and credentials.
7. The participants or teams violating the norms and discipline will be disqualified.
Rural Sports Meet
1. The rural sports meet is open to all the metric school and Govt. schools of Madurai district.
2. The eligibility form of the athletes and players schools is submitted on or before competitions.
3. Only two competitors are permitted from a school and as a one reserve for a particular event.
4. A student can participate only in any three events.
5. All athletes should be in proper uniform
6. All athletes those who are not ready at the stipulated time will be disqualified from the events.
7. The decision of jury of appeal will be final on all matters concerning the game and athletic events.
8. All communications and entries should be sent to the HOD, Department of Physical Education.
9. All participants will be provided with a working lunch.
10. All communications and entries should be sent to the HOD, Department of Physical Education.
11. They have to maintain discipline and order within the campus.
Jogging & Walking – Outsiders
1. They shall have their jogging and walking between 5.15am to 7.15 am only.
2. They should show the pass while entering the gate.
3. They should not come in lunges inside the campus.
4. They can participate in games and walking only in the allotted areas. (Fr.Prince ground & badminton Court)
5. They should not enter boys’ hostel, office, class rooms & father house.
6. They should keep clean the ground and shall not bring plastic items.
7. They should not cause damage to the college properties.
8. They should not cause an damage to the trees & plants on campus
9. They abide by the instructions of the gate keeper.
10. If any controversial opining they shall approach the Director of Physical Education
11. They should not disturb the students by all means.
12. Permit ID card must be renewed once a year with the permission of the Secretary Father
13. The management will not be responsible for their personal belongings and the problems if any occurs or arises.
14. If they don’t satisfy and cope up with the above conditions, they will be confined by the actions taken by the management.
Privileges for Sports Students
1. Students’ privileges likes DA & TA of Rs 150 per head and actual travelling allowances (to & fro) respectively will be met by the college.
2. Uniforms shall be provided on free of cost.
3. O.D. shall be arranged during practices and competitions.
4. Re exams or doubling of the marks for the internal exams will be arranged accordingly.
5. Management scholarships shall be provided for the best players.
6. Admissions in to college with half – fee / full fee concessions will be provided according to their performance at state/ National levels.
7. Free mid – day’s meals for days scholar players will be provided during team practices.
8. Nutrition (milk, egg & grams) shall be supplied during the team practices.
1. They will be recruited on the basic of their performance.
2. Consolidated remuneration or honourium will be given
3. They have to train the teams from 6.00 to 8.00 am and from 4.00 to 6.00 pm
4. They shall come in necessary uniform.
5. Boarding & lodging will be provided on free of cost
6. They also should maintain decorum on the campus.
7. They should maintain players’ participation attendance registers.
8. They shall submit periodical reports of the performance of the teams / players.
Dr. Vanitha J
Karumathur - 625514